Friday, April 11, 2008

fugging awesome

I apologize
for the lack of
communication
recently.

I've been in deep thought
as to my future.

This means that I've
been figuring out
my college plans.

What I've come to
conclusion so far
is that I am going to go
to Goddard College to
get my Master's of Arts
in Individualized Studies
.

And this, my friends,
means that I'm designing
my own major.
I've been writing down
ideas & notes furiously.
I think the plan will be
entitled something of this sort:
"The Sustainability of Grassroots Creativity."

I found the term
"grassroots creativity" from
the awesome online mag
N.E.E.T.
They use this term in their
magazine's mission statement.

I had been seriously considering
going back to get another
undergrad degree, in fine arts, but
I think this might be the wiser
& harder decision/route.

So I've been creating the
proposal for the major.
This is my rough mission/intention
of the proposed major:

To create materials
that do not harm the planet/
as little as possible...
Tiny/No-footprint
(minimum impact) creation.
To live as sustainable and responsibly
as possible.
To prove, show & teach
that everyone can live this way.
To make this “cool/the norm.”
To prove that we can create
“blackspots/mom'n'pops”/
independent businesses worldwide
while supporting our
economy & planet healthily.
Happiness and love
should be the guide,
not greed and envy.


I then have a 4pg. outline
of suggested
classes [i should take],
books [i should read],
activities [i should do],
tools [i will need],
goals [to be accomplished],
contacts [to be used],
& areas of study [to categorize].
all of these suggestions
are intended to help
me further my learning
& education & progress
of this major
& process.

It sounds really
daunting to me.
But also very
exciting.
---
I've also been
taking photos of my
outfits daily.
This is to help me
see my own style.
And then I've been
looking @ ebay, etsy &
fashion blogs
to see other styles
& consider incorporating
them into my own.
It's a shaky process
& action.

I've never before doubted
my sense of fashion & style
so much in my life.
---
Essentially,
I want to fuse

art, fashion, sustainability,
education, awareness,
environmentalism,
community organization,
business, political science
&
philosophy into one
major & one discipline.
And in my life.
---

1 comment:

Lu. Lu. said...

I want to hear more about this :) you'll have to tell me about all your ideas on Sunday before the Feist concert!!!q

Blog Widget by LinkWithin