Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ridunk Charleston

I've been back home for three days since returning from Charleston, SC and it was a super-ridunk trip. I went w/my partner-in-blog-crime, the loverly Lu, along w/my beau, Lu's beau, and friends Nik & Sebastien.

Some highlights:

Smush five people into one car and add their camping gear, etc. and you get a very interesting car four-hour car ride. (Sebastien joined us later.)
I sacrificed my flesh for the rest of the group (I, em, didn't put on bug repellent the 1st night - big mistake), therefore my feet flesh were in pain....& are just now healing.
Lots of scattered thunderstorms made for delightful after-rain air.Two beach visits. Perfect temperatures for wave-jumping. Perfect wind conditions for finding sand in your private spots a week later.
Visited the oldest tree in the US. The Angel Oak is over 1,500 years old. Gorgeous.
Toured the oldest building in South Carolina - a creepy-arse prison. At one point it held 1,000 soldiers during the civil war. With the use of flashlights and a camera, we had fantabulous times entertaining ourselves after the sun went out.Also, if you want Lu's version of the events: here's Lu's recap of the trip.
<3

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin