Monday, December 8, 2008

adora-ble

In helping out the beau (yes, he's the beau, again) look for French teaching resources, I discovered an awesome site for teachers called TeacherTube. While browsing this informative site I stumbled upon a young writer. This girl is Adora-ble.

Named Adora, she has already written many books, stories and poems just at the age of nine. She also teaches writing workshops and holds video conferences. Reading her blog is fantastic. She sounds much older than she is. And she is a delight to read. I found myself with my mouth open, with laughter at the edge of my mouth, disbelieving she could be so young and write with such personality.

I know this is pretty random. But it is such an inspiration to read about Adora and to read the writings of Adora. To be so young and so accomplished is great. Humbling. Inspiring. I think I'm going to write now and get some other things done. I am nearly three times her age and I haven't written a single book. I've got some catching up to do. ;)
<3

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin