Monday, October 12, 2009

Wkend Fun: Frenchies & Old Friends

I really adore Lu's Weekend Recaps. So I thought I'd try a version of this:

Thursday: Worked at the B&B. Had a glorious shower and headed to TN to see the Gilots, Lu, Mitch & Eli & special guest Eliane, Alain & Rosine. Had a scrumptious meal of Morracan Cous Cous & Chicken + Banana Flan for desert. Followed by a French-dubbed version w/English subtitles of Chocolat (Johnny Depp just isn't the same in French) w/tea & petit gateau.
Friday: Wake up at 9:30 to have a petit dejuner w/the Frenchies. Good convo & translations. Talk about Wal-Mart, birds, dreams & bigger bugs in the U.S. A slow mid day of reading, catching up & lunch. Then back to NC where I worked at the bookstore (& gave them my 2wk. notice!). Ended the night w/some yummy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup (how I adore cilantro & ginger!) and listening to my stepdad (And the Address) on Asheville FM.
Saturday: Worked at The Littlest Birds until 6. Seba, the poop-face, visited. We ate at Universal Joint, where I had a yummy Blue Cheese & Bacon Burger and a Foothills Oktoberfest. Then we met up w/our old college friend Mary + her new beau + Nik at Hookah Joes. Ended the night w/trivial pursuit where poop-face kicked our bums.
Sunday: Worked at The Littlest Birds until 4. Then made some disastrous pork, mushroom & tomato pasta. Was super tired so I just stayed at home and watched old episodes of CW shows while the beau played pool.

<3

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin