Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Perfect Weekend

This has so far been a nearly perfect weekend (gotta leave room the perfect weekend). Yesterday afternoon I went to Greenlife & got some great cheese and baguettes for the play I was soon to be attending with my parents later in the evening. After a nice 30-40 min. roundtrip walk to the store, I got everything prepared and loaded up my tote bags with the yummy goodies.

(The Hazel-Robinson Theatre, where the Montford Park Players perform every year.)

Once ready, I started my much shorter walk to the outside theatre. The play was "Antony and Cleopatra" and was done by the Montford Park Players. This theatre troupe does at least four plays a summer in the outside theatre. This is a super fun and super relaxed thing to do in Asheville in the summer. I met my parents there & had a good time munching on French Bread, Camembert, Morbier & D'Affinois.

(Some characters + the stage.)

(Antony & Octavia [Ceasar's sister].)

And then today: Today I went with my bf to Nine Mile, a sweet little resto that is located right across from our house.(The inside of the Marley-esque restaurant.)

And now, I'm getting ready to go to the Westville Pub. It's a short 10-min. drive away. We're going to have another informal, somewhat-awkward high school gathering there. Some high school acquaintances of ours are having a show there, while silmitanously having a benefit for the local t.v. station, URTV. I'm so happy with this weekend! :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin