Saturday, March 7, 2009

Job Hunt Fatigue

I've been on the job hunt for so long now. I'm so tired of it. And most days, I just sit around looking at pretty pictures and blogs instead of being tirelessly in pursuit of a job. In a word, it's simply depressing. Depressing to be looking, looking & looking but not even being considered.


I did have an interview with this awesome non-profit organization, TACF, on Tuesday that I have high hopes for, but other than that there are no prospects. I had an interview with A Faraway Place last week, but even though I thought the interview went well, they never ended up calling me. So when I took the situation into my hands and called them, they told me I didn't have enough retail experience. Seriously? I have an effing Bachelor's Degree. Do you think I really need more retail experience? Argh.

So that's my rant, for now. If you know of any jobs out there, then please send them my way! Thnx.
<3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the job hunt. I'm there with you. In applying for retail positions and bank jobs, I have received the same words: "We went with another candidate." I've got retail experience from a decade ago, but they tell me they are looking for someone who isn't "over qualified". As my beau put it, they know once we have the opportunity for something "more legit" we'll leave them, and then they have to rehire. So they'll hire someone who "needs" that job from the start.

We'll get there. At least you've got some pt revenue coming in for now. ;) Head high, lady!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin