Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Wheel of Time

Although, I tend to read multiple books at a time (I'm going to go to the library today to pick up some books by Anais Nin that I've had on hold for a while), lately I've been absorbed by the series The Wheel of Time, by Robert Jordan.

I started the series back in the beginning of 2008 (I think!?), and now I'm on the fifth book, The Fires of Heaven. I'm racing through it and wouldn't be surprised if I finished it just after the beginning of the next month. They are quite hefty books. Book Four, The Shadow Rising, was 20 pages shy of 1,000 pages, and book five is just 20 pages shorter than book four.

There are 12 books in the series and a prequel (which I recently bought for just 5 bucks!). Similar to The Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time is incredibly detailed and the story lines are woven expertly. I highly recommend trying a read of the series - the reading will never end!

<3

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin